With a new year brings a refreshed vision and motivation to live a life that speaks to who we are now as we realize we have grown, our priorities have also changed or evolved and perhaps more clarity has entered into what we wish to pursue.
Over the past 10 years, TSLL has shared posts and episodes to inspire readers to live their unique simply luxurious life. Today I want to share with you a list of 50 ways to do just that. Of course, there are many more than the 50 shared below, but each item on the list today is linked to a detailed post on that topic, so while #3 may suggest infusing magic into your morning, be sure to click on the link and discover 12 specific ways to ensure a great day the moment you wake up.
I look forward to bringing more posts just like the ones below and the journey of living simply luxuriously continues as life shares new lessons and offers more beautiful ahas.
1.Build a foundation from which to cultivate your unique simply luxurious life with these eight pillars.
2. Begin the day with intention each day (discover how to start the day “smart”)
3. Infuse some magic into your mornings for a great day
4. Welcome moments throughout your day and week that allow you to take a deep breath and relax.
5. Understand what true luxury is
6. Make a simple French cookie – savory or sweet depending upon your predilection.
7. Courageously be exactly who you are
8. Create a Lifestyle Grocery List
9. Design everyday routines to savor
10. Invite the skill of savoring into your life
11. Understand this truth today: You are doing just fine in this thing called life.
12. Become the tailor of your life and revel in how well it feels when it truly fits.
13. Find and establish your inner confidence
15. Master your mind and exercise it regularly
16. Understand the equation necessary to experience happiness in your life.
17. Build a lingerie capsule wardrobe
18. Understand the power of regular solitude
19. Welcome regular small and simple touches to your everyday life
21. Grow an herb garden to add exceptional flavor to your meals.
22. Know how to get back to calm and do so regularly
23. Enjoy eating everyday and love the results (discover how to enjoy grocery shopping)
24. Build an all-round life of good health
26. Understand how to have an amazing day in the middle of the week.
27. Embrace the road to success is paved with happiness.
28. Practice regular self-care (31 ways to do exactly that)
29. Let yourself evolve into your signature style
30. Give yourself infinite fuel by being your truest self.
31. Find contentment and enjoy it every day of your life
32. Learn how to cultivate surroundings for everyday contentment
33. Seek out quality rather than quantity
34. Design a luxurious workday
35. Eliminate stress from your life
36. Develop the skills for igniting your creativity
37. Sleep on luxurious fabric that need not be terribly expensive and will last for years.
40. Display art in your home that you love and reflects of a glimpse of your life journey
42. Know that you can create the life you want
43. Enjoy a cup of tea in simple everyday routines or an afternoon tea
44. Let go of the busy mentality (learn how to shift from busy to balanced)
45. Cultivate a grown-up’s living space (16 simple ways to organize your home and keep it organized)
46. Add a touch of cozy French to your decor
48. Welcome serenity into your life (know how to enjoy a good night’s sleep each night)
49. Waking up with excitement, going through your day with clarity and unwinding in the evening with peace of mind and a dose of pleasure and extraordinary comfort.
50. Design the end of your day with intention.
To discover more about choosing and living your own unique simply luxurious life, check out TSLL’s two books – Choosing The Simply Luxurious Life: A Modern Woman’s Guide (2014) and Living The Simply Luxurious Life: Making Your Everydays Extraordinary and Becoming Your Best Self (2018)
11 thoughts on “50 Ways to Live Simply Luxuriously”
Ooooo love this! What a great list!…I will work to achieve each of these throughout 2020, ticking off each item as I go. Thanks Shannon!
Thank you for stopping by Andrea. ?
I agree with Andrea, Shannon! This is such a creative, delightful and inspiring list. Thank you so much for reminding us how possible a simply luxurious life can be if we are prepared to be intentional and grateful.
Many thanks from Ireland,
Wow Shannon , you have worked so hard to collate this list and all the links !
What an achievement, thank you so much .
This is a post to save and savour , there is so much content to explore again ?
Best Wishes from the UK .
Love love love. The advice to design the end of your day with intention, coupled with begin your day with intention and magic is spot-on. So much good stuff here. It’s all about discovering and living our values, eh? Thank you for your thoughtful, entertaining, intriguing, enlightening, sincere writing/guideposts . You are a gem, my dear. XOXO
What a fantastic “master post” of some of my favorite blog posts! I’m trying to build a more authentic life and this blog is really helping me achieve that. I’m very appreciative of this post and this lovely blog.
Nicolette, thank you for visiting the blog and for your comment regarding how you are utilizing the blog in your life. 🙂
Amazing list of wonderful ideas. I believe that I will read one of the 50 each workday for 10 weeks. I can savor the post during a break in the morning or afternoon and remind myself of how easy it is to live simply luxuriously.
It strikes me that this post is the foundation for a lovely book of days. Would you like to consider a new writing project? 🙂
Not a bad idea. 🙂 Thank you for sharing how you will be reading and enjoying the posts. It sounds like a lovely idea. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. ?
You have so many gifts that it is difficult to identify the ones I benefit most from, but your ability to condense and provide “bite size” inspirations allows me to gain incredible insights when I only have a few extra minutes. I just finished your new book and I love the way it reinforces multiple books I’ve read on a large variety of topics mixed with your own opinions and delivered with your talent of making information effortless and fun to read; If I had to choose only one “life handbook”, it would be this.
Megan, Thank you for sharing what you appreciated about TSLL’s new book. I am tickled and humbled. Thank you very much for your comment and time. ??