For the price of a palmier and a hot cup of tea,
you can enjoy TSLL blog ad-free each month.
Beginning in 2009, The Simply Luxurious Life (TSLL) has been an online destination sharing consistent weekly content to inspire readers to discover and cultivate contentment in their everyday lives.
As the sole content creator of TSLL, Shannon Ables (me!), made the decision in 2020 to deepen the quality of the content and experience readers have when they visit while affording me a bit more privacy. In an effort to be fully transparent with TSLL Community, 95% of what I earn from ads and blog revenue is reïnvested back into the blog. From purchasing the books that inspire blog and podcast content, exploring products to experience first-hand before recommending them confidently to readers, paying for the monthly fees associated with website/podcast/newsletter hosting, investing in Inslee’s illustrations for the blog/podcast/books, traveling to France and Britain in order to experience first-hand the cultures that I and so many TSLL readers are fond of in order to inspire and inform readers of where and how they may want to travel, hiring a talented web design team who not only brings my vision to the screen but also maintains the site to make sure it continues to run smoothly, and lastly, as a self-published author, the upfront costs of working with a seasoned, objective editor who works in the publishing industry thereby enabling me to bring books to readers that I am proud to have written.
To offset the cost of removing ads, subscribers who choose the TOP Tier subscription can choose to pay a monthly, quarterly (every three months) or annual fee (each are detailed below). However, I recognize that our budgets change as our life circumstances and circumstances in the world’s economy change, so I have also made available a reduced subscription offering, the BASIC Tier, that will allow readers to enjoy unlimited content of the blog (a handful of categories will still be reserved solely for TOP Tier – see below) however with ads remaining. Both a monthly and an annual subscription price are available for this tier (see below).
By removing the ads for TOP Tier subscribers, not only will the reading experience improve, but the blog will continue to maintain the quality expected by readers and offer a more personal, engaging experience (check out the new addition – A Cuppa Moments with Shannon).
For non-subscribers, each month you will be able to read five articles (with ads); however, a handful of categories will be permanently placed behind the paywall and only available to TOP Tier subscribers. Once you have read five articles, you will be prompted to subscribe in order to read more posts or wait until a new month begins.
Have a look below at the regular content you can count on to spark new ideas, inspire you to cultivate your own true contentment as well as elevate the everyday:
- Monday: A Monday Motivational post to help begin the week inspired
- Monday: A new podcast episode, The Simple Sophisticate (check out the Season’s schedule, 25 new episodes each year). Premiered in 2014.
- Wednesday: Each month on Wednesdays, one of the following topics will be the focus – French-Inspired, British-Inspired, Recipes, Style Inspiration, Décor Inspiration, Gardening, Money, Beauty and Everyday Musings – Smile posts & Ponderings.
- Fridays: This & That (a detailed post of upcoming book, film, television, play, art exhibit releases and openings, shopping sale and new item announcements, articles and short videos worth checking out and much more.
- Saturdays: The Simply Luxurious Kitchen cooking show – a cooking video series taped in Shannon’s kitchen. One season each year beginning each September – 8-10 episodes each season.
- TSLL’s Seasonal Shopping Guide: released semi-annually on September 1st and April 1st
- TSLL’s Annual French Week: The second full week in August (two posts each day, multiple giveaways, special podcast guests and more)
- TSLL’s Annual British Week: The third full week in May (two posts each day, multiple giveaways, special podcast guests and more)