Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.” —Lin Yutang
Today is the final day and this the final post of TSLL’s 2nd Annual British Week. I have sincerely enjoyed the online shares of and glimpses into TSLL readers’ Favorite Cuppa moments (see them all here on IG), hearing of the ways in which the love of the British culture was introduced into your lives and why it remains a love and curiosity.
To say this week was a success of a celebration of all things British would be an understatement, and it is in no small part due to you, TSLL readers. Thank you for taking the time to stop by, share a kind word, have a look at something new or interesting and just in general, share time with a community of like-minded people – the Anglophiles of TSLL. 🙂 This week was so successful that you all helped overwhelm the website Friday and Saturday so much it had to take a break (TSLL could not be viewed for about one hour), to which I say it was a wonderful hiccup to have to deal with – thank you! 🙂 And deal with it we did as my tech team (who I am deeply grateful for) was on it immediately. We have since updated a few things to ensure such an overwhelmingly positive day of many ventures to the TSLL blog won’t bring it to a temporary halt in the future. 🙂
While this year’s TSLL British Week may have concluded, rest assured, it will return next year and will be held during the third full week of May. Just in case you do not want to wait that long for a similar week of celebration, as I know many of you are also Francophiles as well, TSLL’s 5th Annual French Week will be coming up this August, the second full week, so be sure to stop by for a similar week of posts and giveaways, but per the title, a celebration of all things French (peruse last year’s French Week posts here).
As a parting gift of sorts, and a way of saying thank you to every reader who stopped by, long-time reader and new, I wanted to offer a discount on a special exclusive to TSLL British-themed item in TSLL’s Shop – A Cuppa Ideas Notepad (see below).
You can find all of TSLL’s notepads here in TSLL Shop, and for the duration of Memorial Day, enjoy 30% off A Cuppa Ideas notepads whether you purchase one or a three-pack with promo code BRIT30. (shipping will still apply.) The discount ends on Monday May 25th at midnight (Pacific time).
A Cuppa Ideas notepads
- exclusive to TSLL, custom Inslee full-color illustration, British vignette
- tear-off notepad
- 4″ x 7″
- 50 pages
- white recycled paper 20lb wt.
Now to the winners of the FIVE GIVEAWAYS presenteed this week.
- Winners, if you find your name listed below, please email Shannon (me!) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by or before Tuesday May 26th:
- Full name
- Shipping Address
- Phone # (for shipping company’s purposes)
- Contact me by Tuesday May 26th or you will lose the opportunity to claim your prize.
The winner of a classic Brown Betty teapot from Cauldon Ceramics (the color and size of the winner’s choosing) is Kimberly (comment #103).
The winner of a Barber Basket Myrtlewood Large Trug is Tara (comment #15)
The winner of the Thomas Smith’s Royal Sussex Trug, size no. 4 is Ad-Free subscriber Leah Granada (comment #13)
The weekly newsletter subscriber who is the lucky winner of a Emma Bridgewater teacup and saucer is Rona who was the 72nd email received of 211 entries.
The winner of the GRAND giveaway of Fortnum & Mason’s Afternoon Tea Hamper is Brenda in Virginia (comment #58)
Thank you to everyone who entered. I so enjoyed reading each of your entries and commments. Your generosity of good spirit, oodles of inspiration and recommendations, enthusiasm and sincere interest in all things British made this week very special for many fellow TSLL readers who stopped by. I only wish I had more giveaways to give. Thank you for participating if you entered any or all of the giveaways.
If you are new to TSLL blog, please know that I post regularly each week per the following schedule. I do hope you will stop by and check out the topics that interest you as they all speak to the mission of living simply luxuriously:
- Monday – a new podcast episode of The Simple Sophisticate airs OR a Motivational Post to start the week (the next new podcast episode will be Monday June 1st (episode #282), view the schedule for the remainder of Season 6 here.
- Tuesday — a Style Inspiration or Outfit of the Week post
- Wednesday — a Why Not . . . ?, Lifestyle or post inspired from Shannon’s Daily Life
- Thursday — a Decor Inspiration post
- Friday — a This & That post – full of finds and news to keep you in the know about films, books, sales, and more
- on Friday morning, TSLL Weekly Subscribers receive their weekly delivery which includes a round-up of the past week’s posts, a head’s up on the upcoming topic for the podcast, an exclusive letter from the editor to inspire you as you step into the week and still more.
And if you are a regular viewer and have been contemplating becoming an Ad-Free subscriber, today is the final day to take advantage of the limited discount. Take a look at the savings below:
- Monthly Ad-Free Subscription
- Enjoy the first month FREE, when you subscribe during British Week. Each following month the regular $6.99/mo will be charged to the account you register with. Use the promo code ONEFREEMONTH
- If you would like to enter today’s giveaway and would like the monthly option, simply do not use the promo code, and you will be automatically entered.
- Yearly Ad-Free Subscription – The BEST MONEY SAVING DEAL
- Pay only $60/year (
regularly $69.99/yr), which breaks down to $5/mo when you use the promo code YEAR60Ad. (you will automaticaly be entered into today’s giveaway)
- Pay only $60/year (
- Learn more about TSLL’s Ad-Free reading experience in this post.
- REMEMBER, if you choose to be an ad-free subscriber, once you have paid, you STILL must sign-in each time you visit the blog in order to enjoy reading ad.
Well, that wraps it up!
May you have many memorable cuppa moments, much growth in your garden, and oodles of everyday moments to savor as we stay calm and carry on. Cheers!
A Recap of the Week: TSLL 2nd Annual BRITISH WEEK POSTS
Enjoy perusing last year’s British Week, TSLL’s First Annual and all of the posts that were shared here.