“Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.” —Coco Chanel
A week ago today, TSLL’s 3rd annual French Week began, and to say we had a full week of French-inspired posts is an understatement. At the end of today’s post, I have rounded up each of the them, organized by topic so you can make sure you enjoyed each of the posts that interest you.
While I promised two posts each day, I am reluctantly only posting just one today. To say I was elated by the response from you, TSLL readers, during this annual event would not convey properly my appreciation for your time, interest and involvement. This week was unique in that it included much of my first-hand experiences in France during my recent trip. Thank you for your patience with me as I shared these posts to make sure these memories were not forgotten, and now are forever available to be enjoyed by readers either here on the blog or on Youtube as you make plans for your trip to France or simply travel virtually throughout France at your leisure (four new videos were created – I have noted them below in the round-up).
With all of that said, I am a little bit tired, but with a happy, sleepy smile upon my face. And I also understand that many readers are ready to get back into the regular routine of TSLL’s daily posts. This will indeed happen tomorrow with a brand new episode of the podcast and a return to our weekly schedule of posts involving style, life inspiration, decor inspiration, etc.
But before I forget, today is Coco Chanel’s birthday. And it is the quote above that resonates with our mission here on the blog for many reasons with why the French culture has been a fundamental part of TSLL. While living luxuriously sounds grand, if we are not comfortable, as Coco points out, it isn’t actually a luxury. This is where the simple approach must enter, and this is what the French do very well as we see in their approach to food – eat in season, eat quality food, let the food’s natural flavors guide you; when it comes to style, dress in timeless silhouettes for your figure, complementary colors and clothes that flatter your body; when it comes to relationships – engage, say bonjour, say merci and in between laugh, love and banter just a little bit, n’est-ce pas?. Quality, quality, quality and let the excess go! Slow down, take a long lunch, balance work and play, continue to learn so you have something worthwhile to contribute and fall in love with the everyday. Keep it simple, and then it will be luxurious. Simply luxurious.
“My life didn’t please me, so I created by life.” —Coco Chanel
And with this quote, we can all relate in our own way because even though we may not change our name, change our backstory, change anything fundamental to our upbringing as Chanel herself did, we can tweak, improve, step out of defaults and cultivate a life that fits well with the self we know we have the potential to become. This is why TSLL’s 2nd book was written – Living The Simply Luxurious Life: Making Your Everydays Extraordinary and Discovering Your Best Self, and I cannot wait to share it with you in November.
I am excited to move forward on the blog into the fall season as we begin to wrap up summer. There are many topics to discuss and explore, but first to the announcement of the winners of the three giveaways!
Winners of the Giveaways:
- Soak & Sleep’s Linen Sheet Set: comment #62 – Kelly!
- Modvin’s Illustrated France Map Digital Print: comment #52 – Susan!
- Sharon Santoni’s November My Stylish French Box: comment #122 Michele Fuller!
Winners – Please email me by the end of this coming week (August 24th) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to receive your gift. Congratulations!
Everyone Receives an Exclusive Discount! All TSLL Giveaway Entrants:
- Soak & Sleep: receive 15% off the entire site (regular and sale items) through August 28th with purchase of 85 pounds or more. Use promo code simplyluxurious to receive this discount.
- Modvin is offering a 10% discount on your first order with promo code TSLL.
Okay, now how about a leisurely Sunday just as the French would indulge in, but as we do so, remembering, doing so isn’t an indulgence, but a necessity as we find a balance, remaining present and enjoying our everydays. What a wonderful week it has been! Thank you for partaking and Viva la France!
New to TSLL? Check out the previous French Week Round-Ups below:
French Week 2018 – Posts So Far . . .
Guests Who Stopped By for a Conversation:
- #221: Waking Up In Paris Author Sonia Choquette — A Conversation on Reinvention
- Aix-en-Provence & M.L. Longworth – Talking about the Paris of the South of France
- A Conversation with Sharon Santoni & A Very Special Giveaway
- #222: Oliver Gee of The Earful Tower Podcast
Traveling to France
- TSLL’s Tour of Les Jardins de Villandry (video – enjoy a 3 minute relaxing tour of the grounds)
- Claude Monet’s Giverny: My Time with the Famous Waterlilies and Those Copper Pots & Pans (video)
- All You Need to Know About the Markets in Provence (and in France for that matter) (video)
- A Country B & B in the City of Amboise: Le Manoir de la Maison Blanche
- Hôtel Particulier Montmartre – Quiet Luxury in Paris
- Where to Stay in Luxury in France, yet Simply So – TSLL Recommends
- How to Successfully Rent a Car (and Drive in Europe and Britain as a Tourist
Shopping French Products
- French Linens: The Fields, The History, and Why It is Truly Luxurious Fabric (and where to find a sheet set of your own) (video)
- Find Your Perfect Provence (Simply French) Market Tote
Extra French Posts
- Cooking in Provence with Patricia Wells (video)
- A Review of Tish Jett’s New Book: Living Forever Chic
- Lunch with Julia Child at La Couronne in Rouen, France (video)
Giveaways (enter by August 18)
- Giveaway – French Wall Decor Prints from Modvin
- A Linen Giveaway from Soak & Sleep
- A Conversation with Sharon Santoni & A Very Special Giveaway
~Catch up on all of TSLL’s French-Inspired posts here and French-inspired podcast episodes here.
17 thoughts on “The Round-Up of TSLL’s 2018 French Week (Giveaway winners announced!)”
Thank you for a wonderful week of French-inspired living! The work you put into sharing these posts with us was evident, and I appreciate it. Well done. 🙂
Thank you Deanne 🙂
French Week was amazing! I enjoyed all the wonderful posts, interviews, reviews, and podcasts, and I plan to go back and savor everything again. Congratulations to all the giveaway winners! Now go take a walk–or a long nap this afternoon, Shannon. You deserve it! Happy Sunday!
Amy, good morning and so glad you enjoyed! Thank you for stopping by 🙂
Thank you Shannon for an inspiring week of The French culture. The pictures were beautiful.
Thank you for stopping by Lynette! I so enjoyed sharing. 🙂
Merci beaucoup chère Shannon☀️☀️☀️
Evidently you have devoted a great deal of time and love into these well delivered posts. It was with much gratitude that I savoured this fabulous French week as a fellow Franchophile.?
Have a beautiful afternoon and rest up good alongside your adorable fur babies
Bonne soirée madame??
Merci Amanda. ☺️
Thank you Shannon for the fabulous French Week! You have more than earned your rest, merci beaucoups pour tout <3
Thank you Rona. 🙂
Hello Shannon…this week was such a delight! I appreciate the effort and thought you put into each beautiful post and video. Thank you! 🙂
Thank you Jeanine ☺️
Thanks Shannon for taking us on the virtual French tour, I enjoyed every single post from the lovely hotel stay in Paris first night, to that delectable olive bread. And the idea of luxury being only luxurious if it is comfortable, perfect!
Shannon – thank you for so many wonderful posts and interviews during French Week. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! And congratulations to all the giveaway winners!!!
Jessica, it was a fun week to pull together, and to ‘escape to France’ if you will, for another week. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by.
I am looking forward to another year of French inspired living leading up to my trip to Paris next summer. Thank you for the inspiring posts and giveaways!
Angela, you are very welcome and part of the fun of travel is the anticipation. Enjoy!