Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
~The Simple Sophisticate, episode #221
~Subscribe to The Simple Sophisticate: iTunes | Stitcher | iHeartRadio | YouTube | Spotify
“The endless challenge no matter where any of us lives is to choose what we take from all that our surroundings have to offer and put it together in a way that creates our own happiness. I am so glad I was willing to take it on. A person doesn’t have to move to Paris to live an authentic life, and may not have to move at all. But we each do have to let go of what isn’t working for us; face our deepest fears; ask for help; and be messy, vulnerable and willing to give up being in control.” —Sonia Choquette, author of Waking Up In Paris
On today’s podcast, author and spiritual teacher of more than 30 years Sonia Choquette joins me to talk about her new memoir Waking Up in Paris: Overcoming Darkness in the City of Light from her home for more than three years, Paris.
Diving into what prompted her to move from Chicago to Paris in early 2015, as well as settling into a new community, let alone a new country, Sonia talks honestly about being patient, enjoying her own company, slowing down and the process of reinvention and transformation.
Discover more about Sonia on her website and social media locales:
- Website – Sonia Choquette
- YouTube – Sonia Choquette
- Facebook – Trust Your Vibes
- Instagram – Sonia Choquette
~Update: Episode #222 will air this Saturday with a guest from Paris joining us. Be sure to tune in!
~Learn more about TSLL’s Weekly Newsletter Subscription here.
French Week 2018 – Posts So Far . . .
- Welcome to TSLL’s French Week & a Short Message from Shannon
- A Linen Giveaway from Soak & Sleep
- Claude Monet’s Giverny: My Time with the Famous Waterlilies and Those Copper Pots & Pans
- Cooking in Provence with Patricia Wells
- French Linens: The Fields, The History, and Why It is Truly Luxurious Fabric (and where to find a sheet set of your own)
TSLL’s 3rd Annual French Week continues through August 19th with at least two posts per day. À bientôt!
~SPONSOR of Today’s Episode:
- Campaign Living
- receive $75 off your order with promo code TSS
Image: TSLL Instagram