One of the best parts of working on the blog when it comes to coming up with content is the requirement that I read, a lot. My office and bedside table often have books haphazardly stacked far too high at times as I read one one night and then another the next day depending upon what my mood is. With that said, I wanted to share eleven books I wholeheartedly enjoyed reading this year.
Now, I must add that there are many more books I would add to this list, and as you can see, I couldn’t stick to a top 10 list because there was one more I wanted to add, but I tried to simplify and share a variety (French-inspired, psychology, fiction, style, cooking, historical, etc.). Now you can always check out my recommended books list here in TSLL’s Book Boutique, as I add to that throughout the year (I even have a special page for Cookbooks and French-inspired books as well).
To learn more about each book, you can either click the title to shop or click on my blog post in which the book was mentioned, reviewed and in two cases, the authors interviewed.
~Above are images shared on Instagram (#tsllreads) which reveals many more books than what are listed below.
11.Classic Style: Hand It Down, Dress It Up, Wear It Out by Kate Schelter
10. Dinner Chez Moi: 50 French Secrets to Joyful Eating and Entertaining by Elizabeth Baird
9. How to Choose a Partner (the School of Life) by Susan Quilliam
7. The Curse of La Fontaine by M.L. Longworth
~10 Style Tips to Embrace the French Woman’s Approach to Effortless Chic, episode #151 (the book is reviewed in the Petit Plaisir)
6. The Gourmands’ Way: Six Americans in Paris and the Birth of a New Gastronomy by Justin Spring
5. Parisian Chic Look Book: What Should I Wear Today? by Ines de la Fressange
~How to Cultivate Your True Style All Year Long, episode #149
5. L’Appart: The Delights and the Disasters of Making My Paris Home by David Lebovitz
~David Lebovitz Talks About Making Paris His Home, episode #182
3. My Master Recipes: 165 Recipes to Inspire Confidence in the Kitchen *with Dozens of Variations* by Patricia Wells
~The Hygge Phenomenon and Living Simply Luxuriously, episode #148 (the book is reviewed in the Petit Plaisir)
2. The French Chef in America: Julia Child’s Second Act by Alex Prud’homme
1. My French Country Home: Entertaining Through the Seasons by Sharon Santoni
~French Everyday Living with Author & Blogger Sharon Santoni, episode #168
~Have a look at the Annual Top Lists of 2017 in other categories below shared thus far: