Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
Perhaps you’ve found yourself in the middle of the week, tired and hungry. Thankfully, your home épicerie is stocked, but you don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking or making something all that complex. But . . .
. . . you want a delicious meal, complete with a satisfying dessert (not too sweet, but you, know, sweet with a little flaky, butter crust).
I have found myself at this exact moment many times during busy work-weeks, and one of the simplest meals, that doesn’t appear to be, is the focus of today’s episode of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen. One of my favorite proteins that is plentiful here in the Pacific Northwest is salmon, and as I will share in the video, there are three types of salmon I recommend. As well, lentils: French lentils (but any lentils will do), can add numerous nutrients and a wonderful complement to a fish dish. Add some vegetables, and the dinner is complete. But wait – dessert.
Yep, it is fall, so that means apples are abundant. But I usually don’t have time to make a full apple tart or pie in the middle of the week. So, what has been my solution?
For the past few years, I have been loving a rustic apple tart that requires no finesse in the pastry department and not a lot of filling which might add the excess (and often unnecessary) unnatural sweetness. Choose beautifully ripe and flavorful apples, just a dash of brown sugar and top with dolce de leche gelato and that is it. A truly delicious weekday dinner is done and yum. 🙂
But there is more. Enjoy a tour of one of the largest potagers (French vegetable gardens) in France from my trip this summer. An episode full of inspiration to step into the seasonal selections all the while enjoying weekday meals without the extra stress or fuss. Have a look at the full episode below!
~View all of the Episode of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen here.
Links from the Episode:
- Full recipe for Panko Salmon & French Lentils
- Full recipe for Rustic Apple Tart
- Discover the 34 must-Have Items to Stock Your épicerie (pantry) with to ensure you can prepare any meal no matter what the season.
- Shop TSLL Kitchen Store to find the items used in this episode and many more (below are the items from this episode)
- View TSLL’s spotlight post of Les Jardins de Villandry
- Susan Hermann Loomis’s cookbook inspired today’s Rustic Apple Tart, found in one of my favorite cookbooks inspired by France – In a French Kitchen: Tales and Traditions of Everyday Homecooking in France
- Ina Garten’s recipe inspired today’s Salmon and Lentils meal from her cookbook How Easy Is That?
See TSLL readers/viewers share their meals inspired by TSL Kitchen below!
~Reader Comments about Episode #5, Season #1 – A French Omelette
- from iTunes, @rachaledwa – Great Inspiration: I look forward to each new episode for ideas and process tips. A fantastic show and Shannon is so inspiring with her work!
- from YouTube, Cheri Iverson: Really enjoyed this video. Plain, simple yet luxurious. Thank you! [Episode #5, A French Omelette]
~Cook & Share! I would love to share your Simply Luxurious Kitchen inspired experiences from your kitchen! Tag me on Instagram with @thesimplyluxuriouslife #tslkitchen and your post could appear on my Instagram feed.