Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
It was a TSLL reader who first introduced me to the hampers of Fortnum & Mason (thank you Sue!). And as was shared earlier in the week in the You Might Be An Anglophile If . . . post, a hamper in Britain is a picnic basket. And a Fortnum & Mason hamper is pure goodness, by which I mean complete with food, drink, necessary accoutrements and available in a wide variety of combinations, sizes, food and drink preferences, special occasion options, prices and more.
Today, for the third and final giveaway of TSLL’s inaugural British Week (1stgiveaway – magazine subscription to one of four British magazines of your choice; 2ndgiveaway – a Roy Kirkham bone china Breakfast cup and saucer), a lucky TSLL reader will win The English Essentials Hamper from Fortnum & Mason. This giveaway is open to international readers as well, as Fortnum & Mason has quite a few hampers that ship worldwide (check their delivery option to determine which ones are available for delivery where you live).
With The English Essentials hamper, be prepped and ready to enjoy a quintessential English afternoon tea:
- A full-size tin of F & M’s Breakfast loose leaf tea
- A full-size tin of F & M’s Countess Grey loose leaf tea
- F & M’s Piccadilly Biscuit Selection
- F & M’s Strawberry Preserve
- F & M’s Raspberry Preserve
- Hot Horseradish Sauce (to add an extra kick to some smoked salmon perhaps?)
- F & M’s Piccadilly Piccalilli
- F & M’s Ultimate Hot Chocolate
- F & M’s Icy Mints
- F & M Waffle Tea Towel
- And of course, the hamper!
One reason, of many, Fortnum & Mason hampers are a worthwhile purchase is that the total cost of the individual contents within each hamper is guaranteed to retail for more than you pay for the hamper and items combined. In other words, if you paid for each item separately that is contained in the hamper, you would be paying significantly more. This particular hamper has a value of 125 pounds, but there are hampers for less and hampers for far more.
To visit Fortnum & Mason on Piccadilly in the bustling center of London is a trip to make even if you are simply going to window shop. Each time I have been in London, I have made sure to visit F & M’s, and during my first visit in 2012, I captivated by the grandeur, many floors and tea offerings. There are multiple restaurants within the building, and having visited during the holidays in November 2017, it was a sight to see decorated for the festive time of year. I have yet to have High Tea in their tea room yet, but I did take a peek in the room which is located on one of the highest floors – regal, serene and quite proper. Most definitely, make reservations and you are sure to have a memorable time.
As well, before or after your visit to Fortnum & Mason, be sure to stop into Hatchard’s bookshop that is located next door – the oldest bookshop in the UK. It is a bibliophile’s dream with multiple stories of books to wander about and find comfort, and if there were two better paired shops to be situated side by side – one for tea and the other for books – I haven’t heard of it yet.
But let’s get back to how to enter to win this F & M hamper!
First, I have been wanting to offer exclusive benefits for TSLL readers who have subscribed to the ad-free option (yearly and monthly are available – and discounted for the duration of TSLL’s British Week), and so am excited to announce:
- If you are a monthly ad-free subscriber you will automatically be entered twice for the Grand Giveaway during both of TSLL’s themed weeks each year – British & French.
- If you are a yearly subscriber, you will automatically be entered thrice (three times!) for the Grand Giveaway during both of TSLL’s themed weeks each year – British & French.
- Simply leave a comment on this post having signed in with the email associated with your subscription, and the additional entries will be automatically given (you can also include that you are a subscriber to ensure you are given the exclusive opportunity).
For all TSLL readers, to enter the giveaway (which is chosen at random with random.org), simply leave a comment on this post by Saturday May 25th.
The winner will be announced this Sunday May 26thon the final post of British Week. This giveaway is open to all readers wherever you may call home, and if you win, your signature will be necessary for delivery.
Interested in TSLL’s ad-free option? If you subscribe before Sunday May 26th, your subscription will enable you to be entered multiple times for this week’s Grand Giveaway depending upon which ad-free subscription you have selected, and all subsequent Grand Giveaways in upcoming French (2nd full week in August) and British (3rd full week in May) Weeks. Check out the limited time discount; all the details of subscribing and how to subscribe below. And good luck to everyone!
~Do you enjoy reading TSLL blog and visit regularly, but would prefer to read the blog without ads? I have some good news for you. For a limited time, during British Week, the price for a monthly or yearly ad-free subscription has been reduced. Simply use the following promo codes below when you subscribe (or learn how to subscribe) here. The discount runs through Sunday May 26, 2019.
$69.99– Now $60/year – use promo code YEAR60Ad
$6.99– Now $5/month – use promo code BRITWK5Ad.
- Learn more and subscribe here.
TSLL BRITISH WEEK 2019 Posts:
Sunday May 19th
- A Giveaway for Anglophiles: A Year’s Subscription to The English Home magazine and more!
- TSLL’s First Annual British Week Begins!
Monday May 20th
- Podcast episode #252: The Characteristics of Being a Late Bloomer, and How Embracing This Gift Could Change the World for Everyone
- The Gown: A Novel of History, Strength and Friendship
- Arrange Your Flowers with Ease and Effortless Finesse with Annabelle Hickson’s New Book: My Interview with the Author
Tuesday May 21st
- Style Inspiration: Ready for Rain
- Two New Notepads Revealed & an All-Site TSLL Shop Sale!
- Roy Kirkham Fine Bone China Giveaway
Wednesday May 22nd
- My Favorite British Inspiration on Instagram, So Far . . .
- Thoughts from the Editor: Rain, Daffodils & Sunshine
Thursday May 23rd
- Outfit of the Week: Dressed for Britain
- Decor Inspiration: A London Cottage (yep, you read that correctly)