~The Simple Sophisticate, episode #180
~Subscribe to The Simple Sophisticate: iTunes | Stitcher | iHeartRadio
The year 2017 has been dedicated to living a year of quality here on TSLL. While at the core of living simply luxuriously is to focus on quality rather than quantity, I wanted to take time each month this year to focus on one aspect in our lives in which we could amplify the quality and eliminate the extra. Each month we’ve addressed one area in which to amp up the quality in your life. Beginning in January, the topic was to reduce or eliminate entirely one food or food type that does not serve you well, and you can view the entire list of topic for each month here. While a couple of months leading up to October have yet to be discussed in their own blog post, rest assured they will be in the coming remaining months of the year.
Today’s we’re diving into October’s topic as we focus on our wardrobe and discover tools and approaches for ensuring we build a quality wardrobe that enables the woman (or man) in the wardrobe to shine. Be sure to listen to the episode here, on iTunes or on Stitcher as I discuss in-depth each topic. Below is a list of the 10 items.
1. Clarify your capsule wardrobe – Make a List
2. Use Online Tools
3. Stick to classic, flattering silhouettes
4. Have the necessary shoes for each season
~discover the 10 essentials shoes every woman should have.
5. Stick to a complementary, versatile color palette
6. Pay for quality, but pay less often
Learn more about Cost Per Wear here.
7. Choose quality fabric
8. Understand the sale season and be patient
9. Spruce up the classic essentials as needed
10. Invest in handbags, shoes, eyewear, lingerie, and outerwear
View more specific SIGNATURE STYLE posts here
~Pan Fried Oregon Sea Scallops with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce – click here for the recipe
~As promised on the episode, the recipe for a lovely fall dessert that is simple to make: Rustic Apple Tart for Two
This episode is sponsored by:
- Click here to subscribe to the monthly box with 6 recipes and everything you need to make them. 4 – 5 full size essential oil bottles
- Enter the coupon code “SIMPLE” to receive a $40 giftcard emailed to you after you subscribe to this fun essential oil recipe box.
- Click here to begin!
- Each box comes with 6 recipes and everything you need to make them. 4 – 5 full size essential oil bottles, 100% pure goodness all for $39.
~Mark your calendars Foodies & Francophiles! World renowned chef and top food blogger and cookbook author David Leibovitz is stopping by The Simple Sophisticate on Monday November 6th (episode #182) to talk about his new book: L’Appart: The Delights and Disasters of Making Paris My Home. I am so excited I am pinching myself!!!
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5865964/height/90/width/700/theme/custom/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/d0d4b9;color: #6f7056 !important/” height=”90″ width=”700″]