Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
The fall fashion season is just about to begin, and fine-tuning or beginning to curate your own capsule wardrobe is a wonderful way of welcoming the season as a means to simplify your everyday routine, bolster your confidence and in the long run, save your pennies.
This morning I was invited to be a guest on Portland, Oregon’s longest running local talk show AM Northwest with host Helen Raptis. To say I was ecstatic is to say lightly that I was beyond giddy for such an opportunity. (View yesterday’s appearance on Afternoon Live where we discussed Simplifying Weekly Routines here.)
Invited to share details on how to curate your own Capsule Wardrobe, I brought my own (yep, those are my clothes you will see in the segment – yikes!) fall capsule wardrobe.
During our conversation you will learn the components of what a capsule wardrobe entails, examples from my own wardrobe as to how to mix and match as well as why “cost per wear” is a worthwhile idea to embrace. Much more is discussed in our 7-minute segment, and for the in-depth post which inspired the segment, click here.
As well, shop TSLL Capsule Wardrobe Boutique where I hand-select classic, quality items for your fall and spring capsule. Be sure to stop by September 1st when this fall season’s Style Shopping Guide will be posted in which I navigate the trends of the season, sharing which to splurge and which to save on (see Spring 2017 here).
One tool I want to make sure to share with you is the bookmarklet Shoptagr. If you are looking for a way to know when your favorite items receive a price drop the moment it happens so you can take advantage of the savings AND purchase something you love, you will want to upload Shoptagr to your browser (it’s free). All that you need to do while shopping on just about any website is click on the “S” that will show up on the right-hand side of your computer screen, click save and then when the price drops, you will receive an email and link to the product to purchase should you choose. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes it takes days, but it is a time saver (the silk navy shirt I am wearing in the segment from Malene Birger was purchased at a discount upon being alerted by Shoptagr that the price had dropped).
~Shop the items seen in the segment:
- Theory Gabe Stretch Dark Grey blazer (see the dark navy option here)
- Frame Karlie Forever long dark denim skinny jeans (made with 36″ inseam – I had mine tailored to 34″)
- J.Crew silk cobalt camisole (other colors available here), I ordered the “tall” size
- Vince ivory cashmere v-neck sweater (similar here)
- Saint Laurent black silk blouse, similar (purchased in 2015 on sale at The Outnet)
- Tibi black print camisole (purchased in 2015, similar camisoles from Tibi here)
- Frame Le Garcon boyfriend jeans
- J.Crew pencil skirts (similar here and here)
- Theory black trousers
- Frame navy striped dress (purchased in 2015, out of stock, similar here and here)
- Vanessa Seward jumpsuit (spring 2015 design, no longer available, shop her other designs here)
~Sign up for the weekly or daily newsletter to receive posts from the blog
~View previous appearances on KATU, ABC, channel 2 here