Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
Whether you are walking or working or working out, cleaning or relaxing, turning on a favorite podcast or YouTube channel that focuses on topics you love and/or are curious about is more readily at our fingertips than ever before.
Today I would like to share with you 11 podcasts and YouTube channels I subscribe to and enjoy. When it comes to French-themed podcasts, I tend to gravitate toward three general areas of topics when listen to a podcast or watch a YouTube channel – food/cooking, history and language practice. However, if the host is engaging and the content piques my curiosity, I certainly want to take a listen/look. (In 2016 I shared a three-part series about what I learned while taking French class. Included are a handful of language learning podcasts that aren’t included here, but I still highly recommend but didn’t want to duplicate. Take a look at the series here.) Click on any of the links below to be redirected to the podcast/channel’s original website to read what each show is about and meet the host(s).
An episode I have enjoyed recently – The Flood of 1910, #13
Subscribe on Apple podcasts.
An episode I have enjoyed recently, Life in the 7th Arrondisement of Paris . . . without the tourists, and an earlier episode, How to Be Parisian with Caroline de Maigret.
An episode I enjoyed just this week, episode #3, season #3 – The New Yorker’s Lauren Collins Decodes the Mysteries of Frenchness, and an earlier episode, episode #1, season #2 – The Thing About French Cuisine: Chef Daniel Rose of Le Coucou
Listen to my conversation with the host Lindsey Tramuta when she joined just this week to talk about her new book The New Parisienne, episode #285.
Practice your French language skills and tune in to discover French news and current event topics, similar to NPR.
Enjoy a short three minute newscast each week for a quick yet slower version of the news from around the world entirely in French. Check out their website here.
Favorite episodes, AND Alex is now a regular contributor on Christopher Kimball’s MilkStreet Radio podcast.
- I Try to Master Jacques Pepin’s Perfect Omelette (shown below)
- A Frenchman’s Guide to Making Sourdough Starter
- The Juiciest Italian Meatballs I Have Ever Made!
- The Absolute Best Croissants in Paris
Géraldine was a guest on the podcast a couple of French Week’s ago. Listen to our conversation here in episode #169.
Episodes to get your started:
- Your French Summer Playlist, curated by Géraldine
- Useful French for Everyday Situations
- Top 10 Most Useful Words in French (that aren’t Bonjour)
- 6 Ways to Ask a Yes/No Question Properly
Author and Parisian, Marie-Anne Lecoeur takes viewers into her closet to share a wide array of styling options. A handful of episodes to get your started:
- How to Style Linen Trousers
- French Pharmacy Skincare Products
- 6 Classic Essential Pieces French Women Wear
A French fashion and jewelry designer shares her expertise on wardrobe, beauty, and everything in between.
- Where to Find Quality Cloths Online
- How to Add Some ‘Chic’ to a Casual Outfit
- The Royals Can’t Wear This – 10 Rules All Royal Members Need to Follow
- Good Hairstyles for Your Face Shape & How to Determine Your Shape
There are oodles of podcasts and YouTube channels focused on the French culture, but hopefully at least one shared above catches your interest and will be a new show to enjoy. Please do share with readers other shows you would recommend in the comments.
PREVIOUS POSTS from TSLL’s 5th Annual French Week