Spring’s arrival reinvigorates our lives in oodles of ways, and yep, one is to update and zhush up our capsule wardrobe.
Feeling great in what we choose to wear as we go about our days, lives, travel plans and work, keeps us calmer, steadies our confidence and enables us to focus on what the event, occasion, location or person we may be at or with. In other words, our clothes are the support and our lives, the living, is the main event.
In this year’s Spring Shopping Guide, I have whittled down to a handful of trends seen on the many runways beginning in New York and running all the way through Fashion Month to the final week in Paris. There were many trends that while fun, will only be around a year or so, but there are also trends that offered an updated look at classics worth investing in. I have included the latter for you here today.
What you will find in this season’s Shopping Guide below:
- A list of sales and links to the site, along with the promo codes if necessary.
- A list of the new trends worth investing in (in other words, they will last for many years to come and transition well with previous seasons).
- 60+ Shoppable, hand-picked items
- 4 Current, and often lesser-known, Designers worth shopping their entire spring collection – linked (mid-range investment pieces I recommend)
- Simply hover over and click the shoppable items and the brand and price will pop up, clicking will take you to the direct shopping site to explore the item further.
- Posts from the TSLL Archives to provide more Style Inspiration and shopping.
Current Sales of Note:
- Ann Taylor, 30% off full price items with promo code OUTFITS
- Banana Republic, up to 50% off, online only, no promo code needed
- J.Crew, 30% off full-price with promo code SPRING
- Madewell, up to 40% off, use promo code YESPLS
- If you find something you love, but the price isn’t right, be sure to use KarmaNow, which will alert you whenever your item goes on sale. You can tailor it to a specific prize, and the size you are waiting for.
Just as a reminder, each Spring and Fall, TSLL’s releases its annual Shopping Guide on April 1st and September 1st. As well, every Friday, the weekly This & That post includes sales of note, hand-picked clothing items I think you might be interested in, and many other current culture news, premieres and releases, so be sure to stop by throughout the year. Now, to TSLL’s Shopping Guide and the trends worth investing in.
As well, be sure to shop TSLL’s SHOP for Capsule wardrobe items for All-Season.
Modern Stripes, But Always Stripes
—Claridge & King’s The Button-Down Shirt Dress is Blue Stripe (navy available as well)
Gathered & Loose
Designer Collections to Shop
TSLL Style Posts You Might Enjoy
~One of Three Outfits mixing Navy and Neutrals for Spring Style (shop here)