The second petit plaisir which I am excited to share with you will satiate your morning taste buds and impress your overnight guests. And the best part, there is minimal prep.
The only kitchen dish you will need are ramekins which I have discovered as of last year when I gave my kitchen a facelift are a multi-functioning dish. I use ramekins for snacks, keeping my portions in check, serving dessert and mixing small dips and sauces. I also like to use them to organize my stovetop with salt and pepper. Needless to say, if you don’t have a set of ramekins, it will be a frugal investment (here are a few classic sizes to choose from).
Simply grab your ingredients, drop the cream and eggs into each serving size ramekin (don’t mix!), top with salt and pepper and wait ten minutes while they cook. The presentation is simple and chic, and you don’t have to dish anyone up. Be sure to pick up fresh artisan bread from your local bakery, as that will finish the meal perfectly. Bon appétit!
Baked Eggs with Cream and Herbs
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon fresh herbs (chives, dill or parsley)
- 2 slices fresh artisan bread toast
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Coat 2 ramekins with butter
- Place 2 tablespoons of cream in each ramekin
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin, followed with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the egg whites are set (this will keep the yolk runny and delicious).
- Sprinkle the herbs on top and serve with toast.
- Find the perfect size ramekin here.
~Previous Petit Plaisirs from the Archives: