Last weekend, I was invited to participate in the first stage of the launch of Buick’s new and first luxury crossover of its size vehicle, the Encore, in Detroit, Michigan, that is set to officially be available in March 2013.
As a current owner of a rival CUV, the details I hone in on when it comes to choosing a car to drive are how easy will it be on my budget, is it all-weather capable, does it have enough leg room (I’m 5’11”), if I need to haul large items, can it do it, and certainly not least, how comfortable would it be to ride in for long periods of time. I was thrilled to have an experience to learn about a vehicle that surpassed my expectations and also have the chance to meet with other talented bloggers that are highly respected in a wide array of arenas (food, decor, fashion, beauty, illustration/art, lifestyle).
Why were we all invited, you might be asking.
What each of the nine bloggers that were invited were asked to do was to design their very own Buick Encore, beginning with the exterior and interior choices, as well as where they would travel in it, and how they would enjoy their travels while driving.
I must confess. I fell in love with this car, as I’ve had my current CUV for 10 years. So on my designated pinterest board “Pinboard to Dashboard”, I imagined exactly how this affordable luxury vehicle would fit into a simply luxurious lifestyle (in other words, my lifestyle). As you might imagine, it involves stops at wineries for tasting, room for shopping bags and luggage, consideration for my two dogs and some inspiration from Coco Chanel herself.
Below is just a sampling of my inspiration board (view the entire pinboard here).
What I would ask of you today is to stop by my pinboard (click here to view) and “like” it if you are so inclined (on pinterest or facebook) as the top design concept will actually be created and revealed when the car is launched. (I promise you, the winner does not get the car. This is simply an opportunity to dream – which I love!)
When I first hear the name Buick, I’m nostalgically drawn to memories of my grandparents’ blue Buick sedan. Secure, stable and reliable. While always dependable, Buick has now decided to focus more on a youthful population and has begun to create vehicles that fulfill a new definition of luxury. This is the part that I couldn’t agree more with.
The new definition of luxury:
- a life of significance over a life of status
- simplifying the focus to quality over quantity
- a personal sanctuary
- community minded
- spontaneous (aka versatile)
Details of the Buick Encore that caught my eye:
- 33 mpg hwy, 23 mpg city – 26 mpg combined
- all wheel drive
- rear seats and passenger seat fold down for more room
- BOSE premium audio throughout vehicle
- heated leather seats and steering wheel
- voice command
- USB adapter in front and back seats for phone and other technology devices
- lane departure warning and forward collision alert (by radar)
- 12 exterior color choices
- saffron stitching on the saddle-brown leather interior option
- Extra glove box for sunglasses, iPod, maps, etc
- Push to start capabilities during those cold winter months
- Rearview camera system
- Voice Activated Intellink (SIriusWM, Pandora, Smartphone)
- an affordable price tag for such a sophisticated vehicle – $24,950 (starting price)
Now come dream with me and have a look at the simply luxurious Buick Encore I would design. Click here to view (and “like” if you so choose).
~Full disclosure, we were spoiled (from accommodations at World GM Headquarters Marriott Hotel, to meals, as well as all travel expenses). ~