Unofficially summer is coming to a close after the long Labor Day weekend or Bank Holiday depending upon where you live, but there is still so many moments to savor and bask in before the season is behind us until next year.
I don’t know about you, but while I am not a fan of extreme heat, as soon as the evening temperatures drop 15 degrees or so on a somewhat consistent basis, I am certain that fall is fast approaching. And while I adore the season that sheds the recent past to begin making way for the new, I longingly wish I had taken the time to drink up some of my favorite summer pastimes just one more time.
So this time, no longingly looking back, let’s all soak up summer, every last ounce so that as we begin to enter into fall we do so with a light, yet certain step.
Here are a few ways you might want to savor the last days of summer:
1. Revel in a tomato plucked straight from the vine
2. Root, root for the home team – take in a baseball game
3. Don a pair of stylish shorts with a stunning silk blouse
4. Luxuriate in a book from beginning to end – let go of time
6. Early morning walks with the sunrise
7. Breathe in the sweet scent of fresh basil
8. Treat yourself to a bright, playful pedicure
9. Bare some shoulder
10. Slowly nibble on a waffle cone filled with ice cream
11. Relax enjoying warm summer evenings
12. Watch the last tennis grand slam of the season (for either the tennis or simply gawking at Nadal)
13. Read one more book for pleasure before fall’s list of best-sellers calls your name
14. Leave the windows open while you slumber
15. Hang the sheets out to be sun-kissed
16. Fire up the barbeque and pour a microbrew or a glass of scrumptious viognier
17. Dine al fresco
18. Run through the sprinklers
19. Leave the shoes at home and take a walk through the sand
20. Make fresh lavender lemonade
21. Schedule a date for dinner followed by a drive-in movie (bring along the dessert and wine while you watch). Cuddling encouraged!
22. Mix up a pitcher of sangria
23. Grab a friend and take a leisurely bike ride.
24. Listen to the waves of the ocean and get lost in their rhythm
25. A cobbler full of fresh berries from the farmer’s market
26. Take one last dip
27. Picnic anyone? How about a baguette, brie, some grapes to nosh on and a glass of wine?
Image: TSLL IG