Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
~”Jazz is: Joy, optimism, perseverance, love.” —as described by The Hot Sardines on International Jazz Day (April 30th)
Jazz music has been my music of choice since my early teens. It calms me down, lifts me up and fills the gaps in the day ever so gently. Whether turning on my record player to listen to Louis Armstrong trumpet away while I tinker in the kitchen all the while swinging and swaying as I chop the food or shuffled on my iPad as the background music during a dinner party or intimate dinner for two, jazz is timeless.
Inspired by the recent request of a TSLL reader as well as my trip to Portland to listen to The Hot Sardines in concert (check out TSLL’s instagram stories for glimpses of my experience starting Sunday), I pulled together a TSLL Everyday Jazz playlist to listen to on Spotify.
Below you will find the classics from Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk as well as my favorite tunes from Diana Krall, Jon Batiste and of course The Hot Sardines whose music has been described as contemporary New Orleans jazz. Also, song #2 is the song followers on IG always ask about when I play in the background of videos, “Give Me the Simple Life”. And I had to include a classic “Peanuts” song and Nina Simone’s classic “Feeling Good”.
I do hope you enjoy as music as I have enjoyed these songs over the years. Below is Everyday Jazz. From time to time when I find a new jazz song, the list will be updated.
You can follow all of my playlists here: Escape to France, Luxurious Classic Music and Jazzy & Frenchie Everyday Tunes.
If you would prefer to pick out your favorite songs, each song is linked for purchase separately on Amazon.
- Gramercy Sunset, The Hot Sardines
- Give Me the Simple Life, Steve Tyrell
- ‘Round Midnight, Thelonious Monk
- Stolen Moments, Oliver Nelson
- My Funny Valentine, Gerry Mulligan
- I’m Old Fashioned, John Coltrane
- Autumn Leaves, Paul Desmond
- Petite Fleur, The Hot Sardines
- Blue Train, John Coltrane
- In a Sentimental Mood, Duke Ellington, John Coltrane
- I’ve Got the World on a String, Louis Armstrong
- Thelonius, Thelonious Monk
- April in Paris, Billie Holiday
- Autumn in New York, Chet Baker
- My Shining Hour, John Coltrane
- So What, Miles Davis
- Road Life, Jon Batiste
- Sophisticated Lady, Thelonius Monk
- Because of You, Eric Darius
- So Nice, Diana Krall
- The “In” Crowd, Ramsey Lewis Trio
- Linus and Lucy, Vince Guaraldi
- One O’Clock Jump, Count Basie
- French Fries & Champagne, The Hot Sardines
- Feeling Good, Nina Simone
- Here’s That Rainy Day, Stan Getz
- Body and Soul, John Coltrane
- Footprints, Wayne Shorter
- Cast Your Fate to the Wind, Vince Guaraldi Trio
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
~SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~The Many Benefits of Listening to Classical Music(playlist shared)
Image: TSLL’s IG, Norman listening to Louis Armstrong