Beginning in October 2020 the TOP Tier community here on TSLL began but in actuality, TSLL community has been meeting, engaging, sharing and inspiring each other since the blog began in 2009. However, with the newly created soft paywall in 2020, a semi-private space was created for members to connect with fellow readers/TOP Tier Members who each are living their simply luxurious lives, every days grounded in true contentment, in their own unique way to suit their temperaments, lifestyle preferences, values and geographical location on the map as well as chapter in their lives.
In our monthly A Cuppa Moments w/Shannon video chats, TOP Tier Members respond to both intimate questions as well as existential questions along with questions that have us each pondering how to live more consciously and deepen the quality of life we enjoy living each day. What I share with you is not new or what you don’t already know. For those who regularly engage, engage when a question or post inspires you to do so, your sharing, connection, engagement and inquiry are a significant reason why I chose to offer this new Grand Giveaway and potentially continue to do so in future British and French Weeks.
Now with that said, I am going to be selecting randomly three giveaway winners (from those who comment on this post), and the other two TOP Tier Members (five total Members will be exclusively invited) have been invited specifically for their quality engagement on the blog not only with me but consistently with other members which has elevated the quality of discussion each time they visit (this was a most difficult task as well, and to be fair, was random to a point as well, as there were many too choose from). As a way of saying thank you for their time and genuine investment and interest in the blog, and while I will never share who these members are, it is my intention to acknowledge and extend gratitude to members who continue to help make TSLL the destination fellow readers wish to return to each day because it wouldn’t be possible without each and every one of you who stops by whether you comment or not. All of you contribute to the enjoyable and inspiring online destination, and I thank you for what you bring. As well, these two chosen members will be from England so that they can more easily accommodate their schedules should they be able to attend. And on that last point, part of the reason I wanted to present this giveaway at least four months in advance was to hopefully provide some time for travel planning should you not live in England and wish to attend and be one of the winners.
In many ways, our getting together for Afternoon Tea is a “dinner party” of sorts, and as the host, by choosing two people knowingly in advance, I know that they are well-known in the community, have connected with many of you and therefore will be comforting to meet as well as have demonstrated they enjoy and are comfortable having conversations with myself as well as others in TSLL community.
While not a traditional giveaway in the sense of receiving something for free, the winners will gain an exclusive invitation, one that only five TOP Tier Members will receive to join to not only me, Shannon, but four other TOP Tier Members and sit down for a traditional Champagne Afternoon Tea at one of the most storied and beloved places in London. While I will share the name of the destination with the winners on Sunday, rest assured, you will be enjoying this Champagne Afternoon Tea experience at a Michelin-starred restaurant in a beautiful indoor setting with piano as accompaniment and everything one might imagine to be part of this British tradition. Which also, you no doubt surmised, requires each guest to adhere to a certain dress code. Needless to say, there are a lot of details, but the most important one you need to know right now is, When is it and how much will it cost?
I welcome you to enter the Grand Giveaway for TSLL’s 5th Annual British Week if you will be in the London area the first week of October (it will fall on a workday), and will be able to pay in advance £120 ($150).
If you are randomly selected as one of the winners, I will contact you on Sunday May 28th and share with you the exact date. If this date works for you, I will send you an invoice for the above amount. You will need to pay that amount no later than Monday May 29th to reserve your spot, and at that time, I will share with you the location, dress code and all other necessary information.
What giveaway winners will experience:
- An intimate in-person experience involving conversation and the enjoyment of each other’s company to meet for the first time, face-to-face not only with Shannon but also with four other TOP Tier Members you have been connecting with online in the Comments’ Section here on TSLL blog.
- Enjoy an afternoon of this traditional British ritual, Afternoon Tea with the addition of Champagne.
- 2-3 hours of tea service, tea sandwiches, teacakes, desserts, freshly baked scones with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve and champagne
- Enjoy one of the most iconic Afternoon Tea experiences in London at a Michelin epicurean creation destination in the heart of the city
- Enjoy tea selections made by a Tea Master, who travels around the world to various tea plantations to source our wonderful teas
- Enjoy dressing up (jeans and sportswear are not allowed) and being part of a special occasion with people from across not only England, but around the world, each a part of TSLL community.
The price of £120/$150/€140 includes:
- The price for Champagne Afternoon Tea
- Incidentals incurred by Shannon to organize and host the occasion
- This is a special occasion solely for TOP Tier Members. Partners, spouses, children (adult or minors) or any other person who has not been exclusively invited by Shannon are not invited, nor should they wait for you in the lobby or reception area of the destination. While you will be traveling on your own from your accommodations or home, rest assured you are meeting people you know when you arrive and will know even more intimately, and hopefully be even more relaxed by the end of the tea service.
- The reason for this strict guideline is to ensure the privacy and safety of Shannon and each guest.
- Reservations have already been made and have been set near midday to ensure you have time after a 2-3 hour tea service to return to your accommodations or take the train back to your home or next destination in daylight hours.
- Accommodations and transportation to and from the event is solely the responsibility of the TOP Tier Member.
- If you are the winner and have secured your reservation with payment of your invoice but discover you will not be able to attend, please notify Shannon immediately. A full refund will be given if cancellation is made by September 30th. All funds are forfeited to TSLL if cancellation is made after this date.
And with that I will say good luck! I cannot wait to sit down and meet each of you and provide the space for you to meet each other. If you have any questions, email me (do not leave a comment unless you wish to enter the giveaway).
How to Enter?
- You must be an Active Member who has not cancelled their membership and will be Active during October 2023.
By leaving a comment on this post you are confirming you will be able to attending during the first week of October and can pay the above mentioned cost.
- Enter by Saturday May 27th at 4pm Pacific Time.
- The winners’ names will not be shared publicly on the blog, rather I will contact each winner via email on Sunday May 28th. So check your email because if you are the winner, be sure to email me no later than Monday May 29th at midnight to confirm and pay the invoice. If I don’t hear from you, I will randomly choose another winner.
- Once I hear from you, I will share with you the date. If that date works for you, I will send you an invoice.
- Pay the invoice by Monday May 29th to secure your invitation.
- Once you have paid the invoice, I will share with you the location.
- Look forward to a Champagne Afternoon Tea with fellow TSLL readers and Shannon.
- Good luck!