Just knowing that autumn is a few short weeks away makes me become giddy (trying though to be subtle about this glee as I so enjoy the warmth and light in the early mornings) about wearing sweaters and winter scarves again. Especially with a closet of cashmere favorites I love, I just want to cozy into them and go about my day whether for work or leisure. And while the temperatures here for the next week will be nearing 100, the cashmere will be staying put, but in a blink of an eye, as it always does here in Bend, freezing nights will be back, and the sweaters will be the first thing I grab.
This season, yes, there are trends, but what I appreciate about how the fashion world is evolving is that trends tend to hold less power over shoppers. Especially when you want to invest so the items look their best for many years to come, you want to purchase something that adheres to your signature style rather than something that pleases the outside world. After all, the only consistent in any given scenario this season or five seasons down the road is you, the person wearing the clothing, and we want to be comfortable and confident with what we are wearing, presenting our best self to the world.
As far as what I will be shopping for this season, I am gravitating toward knits which always seem to become more available this time of year, but this year especially. I have found a quite a few knit dresses, skirts and sweaters that will feel good against the body and complement your figure and lifestyle and included them below. As well, neutrals, you can just never go wrong with a strong, well-made neutral in just about any piece of clothing or accessory, and yep, I have shopped those in abundance as well.
This Fall Shopping Guide is bursting, with more than 100 shopping items to peruse. Simply hover over the picture you see and the price and brand will appear. Then click through and explore the entire range of colors and sizes directly on the brand’s site.
Strong, yet deep, rich colors are part of the season this year, and I have included a few below such as a deep, candy pink and rich blues, but one color I didn’t and wish I would have had more time to include are the greens – yes, rich greens in varying hues, so if this is your color, be sure to shop around as they are quite ubiquitous this season.
Thank you for stopping by to explore this year’s Fall Shopping Guide, and now let’s dive in!
What you will find in this season’s Shopping Guide below:
- A list of sales and links to the site, along with the promo codes if available.
- A list of the new trends worth investing in.
- 95+ Shoppable, hand-picked items
- Simply hover over and click the shoppable items and the brand and price will pop up
- Posts from the TSLL Archives to provide more Style Inspiration.
- Link to TSLL Capsule Wardrobe Shop
Current Sales of Note:
- DVF, enjoy 25% off all sale items with LDW25, 15% off site-wide with newsletter sign-up
- J.Crew, use promo code LONGWKND to save 30% off
- Madewell, 30% off fall finds and sale items, use promo code LONGWEEKEND
- Monrow (love their slub tees), site-wide 25% off
- Sandro, save up to 50% off, no code necessary
- Vince, 30% off sale items with promo code SUMMER30
- I will be sharing more sales not to miss this Friday in the weekly This & That post, so be sure to stop by.
A Must-Know and Use to Save $$$$:
- I highly recommend using Karma. Install the extension on your computer, save items you love but would prefer a better price, and it will alert you whenever a sale occurs. Also be sure to search RetailMeNot.com for promo codes at your favorite online sites.
Trends Worth Investment
Deep Candy Pink
~Mango leather shopper tote (more colors)
~Ulla Johnson Remy Soft Convertible Clutch, save 10% when you sign up for the brand’s newsletter
Earthy Blues & Strong Neutrals
Ulla Johnson’s inaugural denim line debuts this season and all items are handmade in Los Angeles, 100% cotton
~Ayr extra fine merino wool-blend skirts – camel and black
TSLL Style Posts You Might Enjoy
~top post of 2022~
~SHOP 40 additional Fall Capsule items in TSLL’s Capsule Wardrobe Boutique to stock up on your Fall Staples.