Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
I have some exciting news for you today.
The most important good news is that the “best self” you have known either consciously or unconsciously that resides within you does exist and is something you can absolutely bring forth and share with the world. In fact, the world needs you to take on this challenge because not only will the quality of your life blossom, but those around you will be buoyed as well.
Often the frustrating part about the journey of discovering our best selves is understanding precisely how to do it, and the potentially even better news is that you possess everything you need to make this your reality.
While my journey began well before I arrived in Bend, Oregon, in 2015, in many ways, it was when I had the opportunity to move that I put into practice all that I had learned, then tweaked, adjusted and continued to grow. With much inspiration from the French culture, I continued to apply the concept of living simply luxuriously to my everyday life. From how I organized my days with daily rituals, to how I strengthened what was innate, to how to improve the skills that would enhance my relationships and my dreams, as well as diving into the kitchen and having fun with the seasonal produce that was immediately at my fingertips. All the while I continued to explore, take risks and now I have put all that I have discovered into TSLL’s 2nd book.
And yes, the other exciting news is the reveal of TSLL’s 2nd Book. Thank you so much for your patience for these past four years.
Today preordering begins for . . .
Living The Simply Luxurious Life: Making Your Everydays Extraordinary and Discovering Your Best Self
Have a look at the trailer to see a glimpse of what the book is all about . . .
Full Book Description
What can you uniquely give the world? We often sell ourselves short with self-limiting beliefs, but most of us would be amazed and delighted to know that we do have something special — our distinctive passions and talents — to offer.
And what if I told you that what you have to give will also enable you to live a life of true contentment? How is that possible? It happens when you embrace and curate your own simply luxurious life. We tend to not realize the capacity of our full potential and settle for what society has deemed acceptable. However, each of us has a unique journey to travel if only we would find the courage, paired with key skills we can develop, to step forward.
This book will help you along the deeper journey to discovering your best self as you begin to trust your intuition and listen to your curiosity. You will learn how to:
• Recognize your innate strengths
• Acquire the skills needed to nurture your best self
• Identify and navigate past societal limitations often placed upon women
• Strengthen your brand both personally and professionally
• Build a supportive and healthy community
• Cultivate effortless style
• Enhance your everyday meals with seasonal fare
• Live with less, so that you can live more fully
• Understand how to make a successful fresh start
• Establish and mastermind your financial security
• Experience great pleasure and joy in relationships
• Always strive for quality over quantity in every arena of your life
Living simply luxuriously is a choice: to think critically, to live courageously, and to savor the everydays as much as the grand occasions. As you learn to live well in your everydays, you will elevate your experience and recognize what is working for you and what is not. With this knowledge, you let go of the unnecessary, thus simplifying your life and removing the complexity. Choices become easier, life has more flavor, and you begin to feel deeply satisfying true contentment. The cultivation of a unique simply luxurious life is an extraordinary daily journey that each of us can master, leading us to our fullest potential.
Release Date: Tuesday November 13, 2018
Book Length: 400 pages
Book Cover Design: Dash Creative
Book Illustrations (front and back): Inslee
- signed by Shannon (a personalized inscription is available, simply leave in the notes section of the order)
- a guaranteed delivery by November 13th (U.S. Residents only, international orders will arrive shortly after)
- a simple luxury
- enjoy a 40% discount off TSLL’s 1st book – Choosing The Simply Luxurious Life: A Modern Woman’s Guide (2014) – the full order will arrive on November 13th in one package
- first month free of ad-free TSLL reading (with a monthly subscription – the 2nd month will begin with the regular $6.99/mo)
- an exclusive discount on the ad-free annual subscription of $69.99/yr, now $60/yr (equivalent to $5/mo).
- a unique promo code will be emailed to you upon completion of your purchase of a signed copy of TSLL’s 2nd book (allow up to 7 days for the email to arrive from the date of purchase)
- Offer Ends October 13, 2018
- Flat Rate (no matter how many copies ordered)
- U.S. – $8
- Canada – $26
- All other International destinations – $36
- eBook & Audio formats will also be available
- Preorder on Kindle on August 13th
- Preorder now on Apple iBooks and where all other eBooks are sold (Barnes & Noble, Scribd, Kobo, Blio, Inktera, OverDrive, Baker & Taylor Axis 360, Tolino, Gardners & Bibliotheca CloudLibrary, and Odilo)
- Paperback copies will be available on Amazon and all its international sites on November 13th (not signed).
- you may order TSLL’s 1st book Amazon now (not signed and not discounted 40%)
Two book signing and reading dates have already been schedule with more to come (each will be posted on TSLL’s Facebook page).
- The first signing & reading of Living The Simply Luxurious Life
- Friday November 23rd
- Roundabout Books
- Bend, Oregon
- Join me for tea and a book signing on Small Business Saturday (following Thanksgiving)
- Saturday November 24th
- The Bookloft
- Enterprise, Oregon (my childhood home town)
- 2-4 pm
Be sure to stop TSLL’s Instagram page and view IG Stories as the boys and I had some fun making videos for the book’s launch yesterday afternoon (if you’re reading this post after June 13th, click on IG’s Highlights section and then 2ndBook to view the videos and images).
There were a few outtakes that made the IG Stories as well (one is seen below). Norman is wondering why I am so excited. Thankfully both he and Oscar were great sports while I fiddling around with the camera, the proper place for the teacup and stacking the books.
~music in the book’s trailer is titled “Summer Eclipse“