What a month March has been. It came in like a lamb and went out like a lion, depending upon how you qualify each. But do not worry, I have not forgotten to share this monthly post. In fact, this time, as March has entirely occurred, I will be sharing ALL that has made me smile, and despite our current situation, there was much, and I hope for you as well.
1.Making the food for the first meeting of a reading club and listening and partaking in our discussion on topics of interest. Looking forward to when we will be able to meet again.
2. Enjoying wonderful books recommended by TSLL readers
3. Having time to try new recipes and enjoy favorites
~NEW: check out the recipe for these Épicerie Brownies
FAVORITE: Matzah Brei
- Moistened Matzah – two
- Place Matzah (broken up) and one onion sliced into a medium-heat skillet with oil and butter
- Cook until the onions are nearly softened.
- Add 4-5 whipped eggs with salt and pepper.
- Immediately at 4-5 slices of cheese (cheddar or your favorite) to the pan so that it melts into the cheese
- Cook until eggs are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
4. Daffodils. Just daffodils.
~see more daffodils in this post
5. Sowing seeds and watching them emerge from the soil
~Check out this post which shares 12 Simple Steps for Sowing your own Seeds.
6. Having newly stocked homemade croissants in the freezer
~check out the recipe here.
7. Speaking with and seeing fellow teaching colleagues as we gear up for remote teaching.
8. The music of birds enjoyed while walking, while waking, while sitting and relaxing.
9. Connecting with TSLL readers even more during this time.
Thank you to everyone for reaching out, sharing what inspires you, what you have made in your kitchen that was inspired by The Simply Luxurious Kitchen and what helps you make it through this time of staying home. I will continue to do my best to share more moments, ideas and videos to make you smile and bring a bit more joy.
10. Having more time to be at home, and make the most of it as such an extended period may never come again.
Prior to our required “stay-at-home” period I had been hoping for time to just be in my new home. To just live in it, feel it, see the light at different times of the day. Well, I got my wish. And while I did not want to have it come about this way, I am doing all that I can to savor this opportunity to “live” in my house, see what it needs, how it wants to be, what it has the potential to be, and I within it if I decor and live in it well. Clarity has arrived for many projects with the space to explore and think freely, and for that I am thankful.
Case in point, I had originally thought I wanted two lounge chairs such as the one seen below in the forefront, but after living in the living room, really moving about in it, I realized I only needed one, and it fits the space far better.
11. Finding a lovely new IG account that captures the little things that make a talented eye smile – interior designer of Colefax & Fowler, Wendy Nicholls
~View her London flat here, and see below the green chair as shown in House & Garden, and captured below in her IG pic just posted yesterday.
12. Beginning to wallpaper with grasscloth for the first time and seeing success (more to come soon with the full room reveal in April).
13. Walking, exploring, napping and enjoying time with the boys
14. Fixing a teapot spout!
15. Sunday mornings, each and every one.
Luckily, March had five Sundays, so there was much to smile about. See all TSLL’s Sunday Mornings here.
I know March has not gone as any of us would have hoped, but it is my hope that you found many moments to smile, to savor and to appreciate all the more that is going well.
SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~16 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2020)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (January 2020)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (November 2019)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (October 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (September 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (August 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)