You have 4 free post views remaining this month.
Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
This week I have been experimenting with traditional recipes that I love but needed to change them up somehow.
The BLT became the focus of my makeover madness.
PAMT – probably not the most creatively organized acronym, but let me explain. (Okay, don’t worry, I’m still going to call it a BLT, but I was trying to be a bit of a tease. I know, it didn’t work that well.)
Let’s get to the recipe:
A Simply Luxurious BLT
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2-3 slices Mozzarella
- 2-4 slices Fresh Tomatoes
- 4 slices your favorite crusty artisan bread
- Cook pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until done on both sides. They won’t appear crispy upon taking them out of the skillet, but let them sit for about 2 minutes, and they will be perfect – dainty little crunchy nibbles.
- Toast delicious whole wheat bread until crispy and crusty (but not burnt).
- Spread a bit of mayonnaise (and mustard if you like) over each slice.
- Arrange a layer of arugula leaves, slices of mozzarella (not melted, but you might want to try that version – could be delicious!) pancetta and slices of tomato. Voila!
It’s nothing fancy, but it is surprisingly tasty to fill you up during a lunch time break if you’re in the kitchen. Add some cantaloupe or some other fruit and you’ve got yourself a lovely little meal.
Out of curiosity, how have you mixed up the BLT to take it up a notch? Have a wonderful Friday!
Image: Was taken for another recipe, but three of the ingredients you need are featured: artisan bread, mozzarella and tomatoes. The herbs in the pictures are basil.