Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
Last weekend I found myself watching the film Confessions of a Shopaholic and began to contemplate ideas on how each one of us can take control of those moments when it seems the shoes are far too fabulous to pass up or those particular pair of jeans fit much too well to not take home this instant.
It is more than encouraged to stock your closet with quality basics, classics and fabulous clothing, but when we know that our budgets are tight for any given reason, how can we be the responsible adult we know we are and just walk away?
As a way of helping out when just such occasions arise, today I’ve gathered together a list of 12 ways to remain resolute in our goal to remain financially secure. Please do share what has worked successfully for you as I know I have just scratched the surface.
1. Don’t carry credit cards all of the time
2. Place savings in an account that is not directly linked to your checking
3. Carry cash to the grocery store.
4. Always bring a list
5. Don’t go shopping if you don’t have something in mind to buy
6. Sleep on it. Wait a full 24 hours before deciding on major purchases
7. Avoid shopping with fellow spendaholics
8. Pay your bills first and see what you have left over
9. Identify the purpose for your purchase. If you think you might need it sometime, wait.
10. Stop unwanted catalogs from arriving in your mailbox. Click here to find out how to take your mailing address off the list.
11. Stop credit card offers from reaching your mailbox. Click here to find out how.
12. Create a budget and enter your expenditures every day or at least weekly to know exactly where you are throughout the month.