Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
Today’s post will be solely focused on how to find tranquility and a moment to catch our breath during any given day of the week. After all, life is a constant balancing act that must include moments to just be, to unwind and let what is going on around us be put on hold if only for a moment. Here are some ways to find a calm space of down time:
1. Turn off the television and read
2. Brew a cup of tea or sip some chilled iced tea
3. Pop some popcorn & enjoy a film you’ve been dying to watch
4. Take a nap or go to bed early
5. Listen to music (soothing, possibly without lyrics)
6. Be near water (paddle around in a canoe, walk along the river, stroll along the beach)
7. Treat yourself to a spa treatment (pedicure, facial or massage)
8. Get a good nights sleep
9. Take your dog for a walk – it will make their day and calm you down.
10. Practice yoga
11. Gather a stack of magazine and allow yourself to just peruse at will
12. Make your favorite meal and add a glass of wine
13. Order take-in and watch your favorite guilty-pleasure show
14. Take a bubble bath with lavender
16. Make cookies and enjoy them with milk
17. Do something creative – write, draw, dance – and allow yourself to get lost in the doing
18. Visit a new art exhibit
19. Treat yourself to a cooking class
20. Visit your local farmer’s market
21. Allow yourself to laugh out loud
22. Go to a cafe and just savor your coffee while people watching or reading the daily newspaper
23. Work in the yard – dig in the dirt
24. Bring fresh flowers into your home – place one singular flower in a bud vase by your master bed and office space as well as bouquets in the usually places.
25. Get a make-over at your local department store
26. Enjoy a mid-afternoon treat with a friend at a quaint restaurant
27. Allow yourself (keeping your budget in mind) to buy an exquisite pair of earrings, shoes or blouse that you’ve had your eye on
28. Visit a Japanese garden or a beautiful garden in your area. In Paris? Jardin du Luxembourg or Jardin des Plantes (my favorite).Click here to get a list of all of the gardens in Paris.
29. Keep a journal (it doesn’t necessarily have to be about what happened during the day, it can be a list of things you are grateful for, favorite quotes and ideas you run across during your days, etc)
30. Savor the decadence of a dark chocolate truffle and just be
After reading through this list, I know you have ideas that have worked for you. Please do share as I, and so many of my readers, would love to hear.