La Rentrée has officially begun and looking our best for the autumnal season has jumped near the top of my priority list.
Earlier this week I stepped into my closet and undertook a massive edit. Needless to say, now I need to sit down and have an honest conversation about the investment pieces I need to add to my capsule wardrobe. This will take time, but I am excited to dive into updating my essentials.
TSLL Signature Style Posts to Explore:
- How to Build a Capsule Wardrobe on a Budget
- Understanding the value of Cost Per Wear
- Why Not . . . Create Your Own Style Commandments?
- How to Build a Versatile Wardrobe
- Why Not . . . Master the Art of Dressing?
Coming back to the style table, so to speak, after focusing quite heavily on my home customization décor, I am reminding myself to be patient; however, at the same time, I look forward to welcoming at least a couple, if not a handful of investment pieces this autumn to give a much needed boost to my everyday attire. Looking good feels good, and boosts our mood and confidence as we step into the daily routine outside of our homes. Knowing we’ve purchased well items that will last, are timeless, complement our physique and work with the lives we live, but most importantly communicate honestly who we are, is a fundamental component of living well and thus worth investing in most definitely. Over time, the decisions come quicker and more easily as we know more concretely what does and doesn’t work. However, at the same time, we need to not remain in a rut of – for me – stripes, navy, it is almost an impulse to reach for the stripes. So here is a suggestion, using myself as the example: Try a different approach to stripes for example. Instead of the classic navy and ivory, choose the stripes in a complementary color for your skin tone – a cool pink, purple or a different size of a stripe. I think you see what I’m saying – stretch a bit, but honor your truth.
Such a fashion maxim is how I approach each season’s new collections, and the ever-changing trends. I enjoy following the fashion month and saving favorite ideas. In fact, I am looking forward to doing just that this September and early October for the upcoming Spring 2022 season, but I also know that cropped tops are a trend that will not remain and can appreciate them on svelte, young models, applaud, but not purchase. Trends are fun, but steep investments are advisable only on items that will go the distance of at least five years – if worn only during a particular season – fall or spring for example (not year-round). Such an approach, simplifies the decision making and easing my mind when I do invest in an item that others may scoff at.
I have shared this before here on the blog, but I am not someone who particularly enjoys clothes shopping. Don’t get me wrong, I keep my eye open when I am perusing wherever I might be, and if something jumps out at me, I try it on and who knows! A similar occurrence happened just a couple of weeks ago at a consignment shop. But what I prefer is to have trusted pieces, just enough for each season, already in my closet that enable me to walk in to select a trusted ensemble each day as I prepare for whatever occasion on my calendar, knowing whatever I choose will enable me to look my best. So yep, that would require shopping, but if I welcome in investment pieces, I won’t have to be shopping constantly, and the planet might appreciate such an approach as well. 🙂
Let’s dive into this season’s TSLL Shopping Guide.
What you will find in this season’s Shopping Guide below:
- A list of sales and links to the site, along with the promo codes if necessary.
- A list of the new trends with runway pics from the Fall 2021 collections worth investing in.
- 70+ Shoppable, hand-picked items
- Simply hover over and click the shoppable items and the brand and price will pop up
- Posts from the TSLL Archives to provide more Style Inspiration.
Current Sales of Note:
- J.Crew, 40% off your purchase, promo code HELLOFALL
- Madewell: If you’re a student or a teacher, you can take 15% off your entire Madewell order. All you have to do is show proof of your status via your Madewell Insider account.
- Most clothing stores are not offering the steep sales discounts on new collections that we saw last year; however, be sure to shop sale sections for your favorite brand as these gatherings of clothing items are worth checking out for off-season steals.
A Must-Know and Use to Save $$$$:
- I highly recommend using Karma (formerly Shoptagr). Install the extension on your computer, save items you love but would prefer a better price, and it will alert you whenever a sale occurs.
Black Remains Timeless
As described by Harpers’ Bazaar, “The color play is off-kilter, slightly skewed, and unexpected—a little like life itself. It’s mustard meets lemon at Jil Sander, bubblegum pink and marigold at Miu Miu, rust and lavender at Patou—complementary and secondary hues of the color wheel all mixed up and topsy-turvy. ” And Who What Wear agrees, “We predict fashion people will be turning the saturation up to level 10 and going all in on bold, striking hues.”
Glitz & Glam – inspired by the Roaring 20s
Suit Coats – Formal Warmth
Same Color, Different Complementary Hues
Tall & Slouchy (boots that is)
~The correct link for the vintage blue dress if the link above is not working. I LOVE this dress and one is on its way to my closet. 🙂
Update Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe
~Polo Ralph Lauren Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater (more colors)
~Polo Ralph Lauren Wool-Blend Wrap Coat (camel or grey)
~SHOP 40 additional Fall Capsule items in TSLL’s Capsule Wardrobe Boutique to stock up on your Fall Staples.
Thank you for stopping by to peruse this season’s TSLL Shopping Guide. Be sure to stop by each Friday for the weekly This & That post where I share news about sales, clothing items that caught my eye along with book, film, play, exhibit, television latest releases and much more.