The end of August is nearing, and since it is difficult for me to see this time of year come to an end, I have found that focusing on all that is going well and celebrating the awesome that was and is to be one of the best remedies.
Whether you are excited or hesitant to step forward into September, I have no doubt some amazing things have happened in your life these past few weeks. August was generous with so many small and powerful moments of aha, understanding and celebration that in some way I feel I need to give back. And perhaps we can give back by not lingering, but savoring and bringing with us as we move forward, the good energy, the auspicious nature of the goodness that we were given. After all, we are aware that time will move forward no matter what efforts we expend to prevent it from doing so, and who knows what is up ahead and around the corner waiting to delight us.
Below are 11 moments and events that brought spontaneous, appreciative and gleeful smiles to my face during this month of August.
1.Savoring the many beautifully pristine Blue Bird days in Bend, smoke free and ideal with their moderate temperatures.
2. Soaking up and savoring every drop of rain during a handful of afternoon thunder showers (play the video below).
3. Reading this article in The New York Times about an oldie, but a goodie go-to murder mystery series about why it was far ahead of its time.
4. Receiving Sharon Santoni’s My Stylish French Box, Provence-themed, and being tickled that I already have pillow forms that fit the exclusive linen pillow shams!
5. Watching this new film and thoroughly understanding its protagonist in ways unexpected.
6. Engaging and hearing from readers from around the world during this past month’s fourth annual French Week. Thank you to everyone who stopped by!
7. Every single morning walk with these two gentlemen
8. Finding my favorite French butter in Portland and stocking up since I don’t have to pay for shipping from France (thank you Zupans in Portland!)!
9. Having a dream become realized, signing the papers and holding the keys in my hands.
10. Showing my boys their new home for the first time.
11. Fresh late summer blooms discovered on a Monday morning walk.
It is my sincerest hope that you had many lovely moments – whether grand or small to the outside observer – that brought more joy and delight to your days. May the final days of August complete the month much like icing on a cake – deliciously.
~SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . , (December 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . ., (October 2018)
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (September 2018)
~20 Things That Made Me Smile This Week, (August 2018)