Last month I wrote a post sharing 20 things that made me smile in that particular week. The reception of this post was overwhelmingly positive including a request to make it a regular occurrence. While I cannot promise it will be regular, I must admit, it is a beneficial exercise in reflecting on all the goodness that surrounds us. So today I’d like to share 10 things that made me smile quite sincerely and with deep gratitude upon finding myself in each moment as this particular week finds us in mid-September nearing summer’s farewell and fall’s arrival.
- I have finally begun to watch the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon and am asking myself why it has taken me so long to begin. She (Rachel Brosnahan aka Mrs. Maisel) and the show are superb. Have a look at the trailer below for the first season. The second season will be premiering sometime this fall.
2. chipmunks joining the backyard food party at my home (in other words, enjoy the bird food sprinkled upon the ground)
3. picking up my first pumpkin of the season at Trader Joe’s for only $3.99
4. perusing Floret’s Flowers for daffodil bulbs to be purchased at the end of the month. Next year I am vowing there will be more color in spring in my front yard.
6. discovering that I may have found something delicious and more health conscious than my weekly croissant – the Morning Glory muffin (seen below at Foxtail Bakeshop).
7. listening to Diana Krall and Tony Bennett’s new album
8, finding a new-to-me podcast about books and tea!
9. meditating along the river amongst the autumn grasses, Oscar at my side and Norman roaming about (first image above)
10. picking up new books at the library, thankful for such a well-stocked local resource that keeps my nose in the books and saves my budget (currently reading this book).
Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday and a most wonderful final few days of the summer season.
~View October’s edition of what is quickly becoming a regularly monthly blog post – 10 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (October 2018)
~View more TSLL Lifestyle posts here