The middle of October has come and now we are already moving into the latter half. The latter half that snuggles up against the holidays. But because the first half of the month asks nothing of us except seemingly to enjoy ourselves, I think I have found my sweetspot in the year – the first two weeks of October.
The weather is mild, the palette of colors Mother Nature offers is exquisite and awe-inspiring, and we’ve just begun to settle into our new adventure of the fall routine after a restful summer.
Over the past few months I have shared posts filled with moments and events that have made me smile, and as I was pondering the past two weekends and weeks, I must say, they were quite sweet. Nothing spectacular or grand, just everyday goodness that I did my utmost best to savor. So here is another list of moments that made me smile.
1. Dinner made from inspiration found in one of Nigel Slater’s many cookbooks in the middle of the week – simple, scrumptious and new (recipe shown above).
2. Less than a month from the release day!!! From England, fellow lifestyle blogger Sarah Deeks shared the first review of TSLL’s 2nd Book last week.
3. Stumbling across a new film and becoming absolutely smitten and appreciative of the smart writing and skillful acting.
4. Planting my new daffodil and crocus bulbs that will (fingers crossed) offer their beauty in spring after a long winter.
5. Scheduling a podcast interview with a woman who is long overdue for being a guest on The Simple Sophisticate.
6. Seeing gradual progress in my yoga practice and remembering no matter how many amazing yogis are in the class, to celebrate them, find inspiration in their practice and only compare my progress to my previous abilities.
8. Seeing TSLL’s new playlist of French Cafe Jazz included in a Francophile Must-Read Blog’s Weekly Links to Love.
9. Patiently waiting to find time this coming weekend to watch this new food/cooking series (four episodes), documentary-style on Netflix (based on this widely successful book/cookbook).
10. Enjoying a simple middle of the week dessert that was exactly what I was looking for (psst … this dessert will be demo-ed in this upcoming Saturday’s episode of The Simply Luxurious Kitchen – episode #7 along with one of my favorite weekday meals.)
It has been my experience with each passing year, that the everyday routines, and thus everyday life becomes more enriching, more pleasurable and gives me the ability to be fully present with more ease as I remember to appreciate these moments when a smile occurs spontaneously. I would love to hear what made you smile this month, this week or even this morning. If you would like to share, please do. 🙂 Have a wonderful rest of your week.
~View December’s list (November was a busy month with TSLL’s 2nd Book being launched ? ), 13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month. So Far . . . (December 2018)
~SIMILAR POSTS FROM THE ARCHIVES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~20 Things That Made Me Smile This Week – August 21, 2018
~10 Things That Made Me Smile This Week – September 18, 2018