Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
Yes, spring is here, and I am one very happy girl. There is that sense of renewal in the air – that anything is possible again. With the warmth of the sun on our cheeks and flowers revealing the color that seems to have been hidden away for too long, it serves as a reminder that everything goes through cycles. The lesson to be learned is that in order to evolve and to begin anew we must shed old skins and old beliefs that haven’t worked and believe that anything is possible.
Today, I gathered up a long list of opportunities to take advantages of during spring. Try a few, try them all, but do try at least one and see how it feels. And feel free to add to the list. I’d love to hear what you most enjoy doing during this much welcoming season.
1. Enjoy local winery’s Spring Release (find a local winery near you)
2. Walk in the rain with a colorful umbrella (see an array of choices here)
3. Plant an herb garden
4. Add a few more perennials to the yard
5. Use local produce found at your farmer’s market
6. See this as the beginning of your new year
Take some time to yourself and set goals, envision the path you want your life to take and come up with a plan to make it your reality.
7. Take a walk
8. Complete a thorough spring cleaning of your home
9. Participate in a yard sale
10. Edit your closets
With a new season (be it fall or spring), this is a perfect time to toss those items that haven’t been worn in a year or do nothing to flatter your gorgeous figure. One of my trusted resources when it comes to what to add or toss is Kendall Farr’s book The Pocket Stylist. Visit her website and blog here.
11. Tidy up outdoor sitting areas
12. Add a few spring essentials
April 1st, The Simply Luxurious Life’s quarterly newsletter will be delivered to all subscribers and be full of ideas on how to perk up your spring wardrobe as I filter through all of the trends and share what and where to pick up what will be worth your dollar. (subscribe here if you haven’t already)
13. Vow to wear more dresses
14. Toss anything you haven’t used in a year (anything!)
Begin with clothes, then dishes or kitchen utensils that hold no sentimental value and are simply taking up space. Then move on to magazines, the linen closet and (what I just finished this past weekend) the pantry. The sigh of relief you will breath will be priceless and you will be thankful for the clean space.
15. Vow to make one life improving change and stick to it!
16. Enjoy the early blooms of peonies, daffodils & tulips
17. Enjoy a day of checking out yard sales with a friend
18. Go for a bicycle ride
19. Add a pair of espadrilles to your shoe closet
Just saw these pair from Tory Burch on The View – I’m in love.