February has shown itself to be a month of steadiness, a month of loveliness and reassurance even when doubts may have done their best to hang on. February has always been a month I have loved, for partially selfish reasons admittedly as it is my birthday month, but also because as January begins a new year with its abundance of a fresh start, February always assures of what the tone for the year has the potential to be. Sometimes it asks from us to be determined and perseverant, and sometimes it applauds and revels in previous year’s efforts, but always it offers one more month to gain clarity about where indeed we want the year to go before the bustle of travel and warmer days arrive.
This month’s regular post is full of simple moments that delighted me, moments that I am sincerely grateful to have now in my memories and even more grateful that these are just a sampling of what was savored in this month of February. I hope you as well have enjoyed the month and many lovely simple moments that brought you joy. Let’s take a look at the list.
1.Seeing the mountains which line the western horizon of Bend, draped in snow being sunkissed by the sun’s rising as I walk the dogs in the morning and then as I drive to work.
2. Working out in the yard for the first time in 2020 — trimming back the marionberry vines, sprucing up the strawberry patches, beginning to trim the Karl Foerster grass, spending time in the sunshine and inching closer to spring.
3. Seeing my old home in Pendleton for the first time since I moved to Bend nearly five years ago, and giving myself the gift of closure I needed more than I knew until that moment. The home is no longer mine, someone else’s signature is upon it, and it is time to fully move forward.
4. Finishing the first room in my new home – the Mud Room!
6. Perusing local antique and secondhand shops one weekend and discovering two new shops. Nothing was purchased, but oh, what fun I had, losing all track of time and letting my eye wander.
7. The generosity of a TSLL reader whose thoughtfulness and kind words will always be remembered and are deeply appreciated. (To Sue V., I used the plates for my first dinner with guests last evening, and they were wonderful. Merci mon amie.)
8. Enjoying my classical music fix and French language practice at the same time during the work day and whenever I turn on this online radio station – Radio Classique!
9. Attending a book reading and talk by bestselling author of The Library Book, Susan Orlean
10. Receiving the January/February issue of My French Country Magazine which is all about Paris AND includes a recipe for croissants! (You can still order this print issue through this Friday, and all past issues are available in the digital format.)
11. Seeing the daffodils in the yard begin to emerge.
12. Taking a long walk with both my boys.
14. Skiing on a workday evening with Norman.
15. Making my first dinner for guests and sharing my home with those I love.
16. Daffodils! They’ve arrived at Trader Joe’s, and I could not be more excited.
SIMILAR POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (January 2020)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (November 2019)
~15 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (October 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (September 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (August 2019)
~11 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (April 2019)
~13 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, So Far . . . (March 2019)
~10 Things That Made Smile This Month, So Far . . . (February 2019)
~12 Things That Made Me Smile This Month, (January 2019)