Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
There are times in life when everything seems opaque and uncertain. On the flipside, thankfully, there are times when the clouds seem to disappear and all becomes vividly clear. Neither one of these instances are moments that arrive on time or when we expect them, but when the latter occurs, a moment of silent ecstasy ensues.
Gathered today are twenty-six things I have learned, have realized, have accepted and am very thankful to possess as knowledge as I move forward trying to live a simply luxurious life. Some lessons for many of us come easy or are innate to our personal nature, while other lessons are earned through frustratingly fitful nights, tears, endless questions and angst. Regardless of how a lesson is acquired, the blessing is that the student (each one of us) didn’t give up until the aha moment presented itself.
Here is a glimpse at what I know so far . . .
1. Always dress well
2. Never reveal all
3. Find a local coffee house to frequent
4. Bring fresh flowers into your home
6. Slow down
7. Eat & drink less, savor more
8. Write thank you notes
9. Create a sanctuary that instills tranquility
10. Enjoy the morning
11. Drink water
12. Have a handful of go-to recipes that are sure to impress
13. Maintain your mystery
16. Befriend people of all ages
18. Drink good wine
19. Have mandatory “me” time regularly
20. Be the kindness and quiet strength you want to see in the world
21. Enjoy meals around the table more often
22. Chase your dreams, but never chase a man
23. First walk around in someone else’s shoes before jumping to conclusions
24. Always do your best
25. When you get grumpy, take a nap
26. Revel in the knowledge that life is yours to create – get busy!
And thankfully, the journey of learning more life lessons goes on. Have a beautiful week.