Courgettes & Herb Bruschetta with Prosciutto
A filling and flavorful nibble from the garden presented on toast and finished with salty, savory ham.
- 1 medium courgette (zucchini) sliced in thin half slices or diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped herbs of your choice basil, flat leaf parsley, oregano were my choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fleur de sel & freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil best quality you have
- 2-3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or scrumptious savory ham
- 1/2 crusty French baguette sliced on the bias or length-wise
Toast the slices of the baguette. Before putting them in the oven to toast (if this is how you prefer - I do), rub with a slice of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place in a 400 degree oven - middle rack - for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
Prepare the courgette and place into a medium heat sauté pan with the olive oil to coat the pan. Cook until lightly brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the chopped herbs and remove from heat. Keeping it in the pan, mix together and then spoon on top of the baguette slices. Top with prosciutto. Enjoy with a lovely glass of crisp wine - a rosé or white wine.