Become a subscriber and view posts without restrictions.
A small space in the bustling city has just as much potential to be elegant and regal as a grand spacious estate, and interior designer Tara Craig demonstrates exactly how to accomplish such a feat.
From layers of textures and colors to functionaily and cozy vignettes, this late Georgia building, once part of a Chelsea pub was completely transformed upon the arrival of Craig whom purchased it for her own sanctuary.
Key Decor Takeaways:
- Invest in throw pillows and mix various prints, sizes and shades of hues that complement each other.
- Welcome built-in bookshelves which will create the cozy but without taking up precious space.
- Store plates in plain-view but strategically as to utilize the space well. This will free up the cupboards and also serve as decor.
- Choose a kitchen pendant that is a piece of art as there are fewer places for large aesthetic decor.
- Choose transparent/clear pendant lighting to keep the space wide open.
- Pedestal dining tables/kitchen nook tables enable more space to be available for legs and movement around the table without causing the chairs to stick too far out and obstruct the pathway.
Images via House & Garden UK